Saturday 4 October 2014

Product Review: Étude House Collagen Eye Patch

Happy Saturday (or whatever time it is wherever you're at)! And also, Happy October (?!?!? already?!?!)

I suppose it comes as no surprise that I've been using a lot of Etude House recently.  I promise it won't always be about Asian beauty products, but since I just came back from Singapore I was trying a lot of Etude House because as far as I know, it hasn't opened up in London yet (unless someone kindly tells me otherwise). 

*Apologies for the lighting, I took these in a hotel room and so the lighting wasn't the best.. being on-the-go is not great for my pictures :(

As you can see from the pictures, you detach the semi-circle shaped part from the sheet and put it on your under-eye area.  The idea is that it should be used to prevent puffiness, dark under-eye circles, and the collagen is meant to keep your undereye area smooth, healthy and possibly prevent any fine lines.

Some people have encouraged the use of this during a long flight so that when you get off it, your eyes feel refreshed and comfortable and you don't look as tired. (I actually learnt about these through watching Michelle Phan's video).  But for me, I felt like doing it when I landed was a great reward and way to relax for me after surviving the 13 hour flight from Singapore to London ;)

It does what you'd imagine it to do-- which is refresh your eyes, add back the moisture that was lost during the light, and prevent your undereye area from looking too tired.  I wasn't expecting much else and it was my first time using this product, so I wasn't sure of what else it should be doing.  However, after doing my research, it turns out that they not only help repair the collagen in that region of your face, but it also has Vitamins A and E and green tea extracts to soothe and nourish skin.

I'd recommend this to people who get on planes a lot or travel quite a bit, as travelling can do a lot of damage to your skin and one of the first signs of fatigue can be seen under your eyes.  I haven't tried enough of these to say if its an amazing "must-buy" product, but it certainly is worth investing in if you feel like your undereye area is always on the verge of dryness or showing signs of fatigue and you want to refresh yourself.   They're also not particularly pricey (obviously cheaper in Asia) and so its not tremendously unaffordable.

Some ways you can  get them if you're in the UK:



Let me know if you've tried it and loved this product as well, or if there are other dubs for this product that sell in Europe or the UK!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment