Thursday 25 August 2016

Rambles

Pocket Monsters Go Observations:

1. Why do I keep catching only Pidgeys and Rattatas? I genuinely don't understand. Also, how come there was a gym near my house and now it doesn't exist anymore? Similarly, the Pokestops around my house have just somehow disappeared. I find this extremely frustrating because now how can I collect Razz Berries? I have to wait till I go to work till collect them since none of the Pokestops around my house exist anymore and on the way to work they only give out Pokeballs.

2. Related to my above point, I'm very confused because why is it that whenever I catch a "rare" Pokemon, something happens and it runs away? So far I've only been able to catch 3 "extremely rare" Pokemon and it took me (not joking, I counted), almost 15 Pokeballs per pocket monster. Now, I'm sure- and I admit- that its because I throw caution to the wind and aim blindly. However, I'm sure its also because Pokemon Go lags. And I'm saying it should NOT be lagging because when I caught these Pokemon there were no other people around, but the stop pokeball on the left hand side just kept turning and turning and THIRDLY

3. HOW COME SOME POKEMON CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES BUT THEY HAVENT GIVEN POKEMON TRAINERS THE ABILITY TO FIGHT BACK, I.E. USE MOVES WITH ACTUAL POKEMON IN THE POKEDEX AS OPPOSED TO JUST THROWING SOME FRUIT AT IT AND USING MEGA POKEBALLS.

I'm still waiting for the ability to actually PICK OPTIONS and not just wander around until my phone vibrates and you know that feeling when you're texting someone you like and then you get excited that your phone makes a noise but its really just your imagination and you fall into a pit of disappointment? Yeah, thats how I feel whenever I see a Pidgey now. How many Pokeballs I'd trade for a Spearow. Yes, Pokegods, I do not ask for much.

Honestly, I was expecting the ACTUAL Pokemon Game when I downloaded this app- and I mean the Pokemon part of the Game where you make your name, look like Ash Ketchum, and meet Professor Willow and then go on a solo adventure to be the very best. Also you get to visit shops in the PokeVerse, random houses in the middle of the grass and talk to your absent mother who keeps telling you to go outside and basically nEVEr calls you to come home. I was expecting to choose "run" from scary Pokemon (because my level sucks), until the point where the game stops me from chickening out because I've just ran away from all the Pokemon too powerful for me. I also want the ability to talk to people that I meet on my journey, and then just keep hitting "A" so that they can stop talking and I can go back to buying potions at a lonely village. Its the little things you miss, like ignoring characters when they talk to you only to walk into the grass and get KO-ed. In this game, you don't see anyone, just yourself on a long, lonely, patch of green, and no matter how far you walk that incubator doesn't seem to be heating up the stupid egg that YOU'RE STILL WAITING TO HATCH AND WHEN IT HATCHES, its, like, probably a ZUBAT, or equivalent.

I'll admit, 90% of why I actually wanted to play this game was to catch a Jigglypuff because thats my favourite Pokemon. So far, I've only caught 2. They're both at like CP 160, and so this means my lifelong dream of singing my enemies to sleep and drawing rude things on their faces is, at this point, virtually impossible.

That being said, I'll still continue to spin Pokestops every 5 minutes and sing the theme song when I try to take control of the gym, only to be pushed out 50 seconds later when a Level 134798234791829 wild Dratini appears.

1 comment: