Sunday 14 September 2014

August Favourites: Makeup!

There were quite a lot of makeup favourites, which is why I had to wait to combine all my faves into this one post! But here they areee (super delayed and overdue, but here nonetheless)! I've separated them by product because there are quite a few faves, so the first batch to go is lipsticks!! 

Christian Dior Cassonade Ginger Rose 518 
(excuse my thigh :S)
It's well loved (as you can tell) and it comes in a super chic packaging with a cute hexagonal type stick.  Its also a great nude colour.  It has a slight pink-ish hue, which is useful especially for those working days where I want to add a little colour but not too popping, but at the same time maintaining that girly, summery, au naturel look.


The Body Shop Colour Crush 115
I love Body Shop products for almost anything (as you can possibly tell).  But I am also super in love with their line of lipsticks because they are not only incredibly pigmented, but they are moisturising and stay on for a long period of time (ie. for more or less 90% of your night out).  Body Shop's products are also organic and don't leave a lot of residue on your lips because they're easy to remove, so its a win-win situation because you get a gorgeous, deep red lip colour, and an easy removal after a night out. 

Mac Viva Glam Matte 747
Another well-loved and classic Mac colour.  I don't generally use lipsticks, but the ones that I do are often of the same hues and are staple colours.  I love classic pinks, reds and nudes because I feel like they can add so much to a look, but at the same time stand alone and be the centerpiece of a look.  This Mac one is particular is one of my faves because not only do I love mattes, but I also love the fact that this is a much darker and deeper red than the previous Body Shop one, so it adds so much more dimension to a smokey eye or night out look.

What are some of your faves! Let me know (:
PS: I might do a swatch of these at the end of the series-- stay tuned !!

No comments:

Post a Comment