Sunday 28 September 2014

Summer Skincare Fun: Sleeping Mask!

heya x

So as promised, here is a second blog post that I've been working on that has (surprise, surprise), to do with skincare.  I'm obsessed.  I spent the whole summer sampling new skincare products and trying out everything in the Etude House shop and I'm here to share my skincare adventures with everyone.

For those who aren't familiar, Etude House is a Korean skincare brand that does everything from makeup to night masks.  They are not only cheap & affordable, but also super cute and super pink.  Their packaging is quintessentially Korean and it looks so adorable and so full of colour and happiness that it never fails to amaze me how people who know about this store can exercise self-control while in it.  Despite having been aware of this shop before, I have just recently entered this pink haven (the tagline on the website says: Let your pink out), but now that I know it exists, I sincerely doubt I will ever be able to walk by it without my wallet bleeding.


Massage Sleeping Pack: http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/skincare/massage-sleeping-pack/moonlight-in-spoon-b-s-c.html
This is a blending sleeping cream that you put on your face before you go to bed (please excuse the terrible picture placements, it was dark and I just had my phone with me).  It normally comes in a pack as can be seen in the link above, but because I wasn't too sure about it I experimented with one first (its the olive in this picture), just to see what its like.


The picture on the left is what it looks like in the packaging, which is not only super cute but also very inviting.  The stuff inside is meant to mimic olive and give hydration and softness and all that great stuff to the skin, so having it all green and nature-y in the packaging is a surefire way to ensure consumers like me fall into the clear-naturey skin trap :(

The picture on the right shows the product itself and basically what you do is open up the bottom of the spoon, where you mix the liquids together and then using the top part of the spoon as an applicator to your face.  Its a lot, so if your face doesn't seem to need that much product, you can apply it on your neck, or even use it during a fun sleepover and share some with your friends (remember to use a different applicator)! Regardless, I managed to put most of it on my face and was pleasantly surprised when, after a few minutes, the liquid/gel began to harden.  By the time I fell asleep, it was basically absorbed or sitting on my skin without getting everywhere.  I'd suggest to leave about 20-30 minutes to make sure it hardens.  

I'll admit that I had my reservations about this because I thought it would get all over my pillows and covers.  But in the morning after washing it off, not only did my face feel super hydrated but there wasn't anything on the pillowcases.  I also thought that my face would never be able to hold so much product but because the gel hardens, putting the whole packet on your face is actually quite do-able. I'll definitely go back to try this again, so if anyone knows where I can get these in the UK, I would appreciate it so much <3

Let me know what your favourite skincare products this summer were and if you've ever tried this before! xx Kayla




No comments:

Post a Comment