Tuesday 3 March 2015

February Favourites!

Happy March!!


Can you believe we're in the 3rd month of 2015 already? More importantly... can you believe spring is almost upon us?! About time I'd say- getting sick of waking up covered in blankets and still feeling like an ice lolly.

Its time for another Favourites post! This last month I've been focusing on feeling fresh and clean but still embracing the bits of winter before the early spring. 

L-R: Palmer's Shea Butter Formula hand cream, Garnier 2-in-1 makeup remover, Real Techniques "Mini-Brush" trio, Sleek 'Rose Gold" blush (926), Bobbi Brown face blender, Lush massage bar, Victoria's Secret Bombshell body wash


Sleek Rose-Gold Blush
This takes the gold for: Favourite Superdrug buy of the month. I've never bought a drugstore dupe blush before but I've tried this out on so many occasions and so many people have recommended it to me that I had to get it for myself. Its less than £10, which is a bargain for the colour choices, pigmentation, shine and overall stay. Because of how shiny and pigmented it is, I don't generally use them on a day-to-day basis, just when I go out during the night, or if I'm wearing a full face of makeup during the day (which I generally don't). I feel it works best with foundation, so if I'm not wearing any or I just want to blush my cheeks I don't generally use this because the colour can be strong. Bonus: It comes with a mirror, so I don't have to bring a compact when I go out. Teehee :D

Bobbi Brown Face Blender
Old favourite, but I've started using it again. Works so well with the Sleek blush and liquid foundation-- use for a blended, flawless and natural finish.


Real Techniques Mini Brush Trio
First of all, if you haven't checked out Real Techniques, they are the drugstore brush masters. Some of their brushes are even better than high end ones. Not that they need anymore publicity but you can see some of their options here and they're widely sold at Boots and Superdrug all over the UK. This mini-brush trio was an on-the-whim buy which I'm so glad I did. It comes in a little purse with 3 options: (L-R) mini face brush, mini foundation brush and mini shading brush. I'll confess I don't use all of these brushes for their stated purposes but they are extremely convenient and all-encompassing to carry around in your purse when you're out for the day. This was lacking in my handbag and I was lugging around my Macs and Bobbi Browns which are not only bad for the state of the brush but just unsanitary in general.


Palmer's Shea Butter Formula Hand Cream
Winter is dry and hands get chappy. This is a concentrated formula which lasts for ages and moisturises and hydrates your hands. It also smells like shea butter which is extremely helpful as the warmth smell somehow warms up your dreary winter surroundings. I will say that it does occasionally get sticky and very lotion-y even after you've put it on for awhile, so don't make the mistake of slathering too much over your hands.




Garnier Express 2in1 Eye Makeup Remover
Brilliant for removing water-proof makeup. Doesn't leave your eyes feeling dry and tired, but hydrated while not leaving a trace of product. 



Lush Massage Bar
This came as a birthday gift as a "Toucan Love" giftset. Use it on the weekends for a lemony, citrusy secent that relaxes and soothes your skin all at once. Its a massage bar so it does get rather oil-heavy at times, so don't use it too much if you're afraid your skin will have a reaction. Photographed on pink background so you can see how beautifully yellow it is :)
Also- with all Lush products, it smells amazing enough to eat........ be warned!




Victoria's Secret Bombshell Body Wash
Smells fresh, tangy but with a hint of winter-ish vanilla-y scent. It smells great in the shower and lingers long enough for you to feel clean and fresh. I will say that its not particularly long-lasting, so if you're looking for a body wash that lasts for a few hours, this might disappoint you. However, it is light and has a very relaxing scent which some others might appreciate.


What are some of your favourites? 

Follow me: 
Instagram @kaylarhx
Twitter @kaylarhxx


No comments:

Post a Comment